Friday, October 20, 2006

My Youngest

My youngest daughter has always been a doer. When she was about 2 years old she started to tie knots in EVERYTHING: strings, ropes, ribbons, electrical cords, etc. If it was tieable, she tied it.

One day there was far too little noise coming from her bedroom so we decided to investigate. What we found was her stuffed panda tied up with string, blindfolded with a blue sash, and mom's red lipstick smeared on the panda's "lips". Sometimes I am concerned for her current boyfriend ;>).

Then there was the time we went down to the basement and found a thin layer of our garden lime everywhere. We didn't even have to guess who might be responsible. So my wife decided to interview our 4 year old.

Mom: Did you make the mess in the basement?
Her: Yes.
Mom: WHY?
Her: I was frolicking.
Mom: Frolicking?

My daughter made motions like she was throwing the stuff straight up in the air. One of her knicknames now is frolick

This was around the time she felt her bathroom needed a fine layer of vaseline on all the surfaces. She claims today that she did it when she discovered that she could lay down a layer so thin that you couldn't see it, she is still particularly proud of the job she did on the toilet seat. She was so successful that it was very hard to clean up as we couldn't see it.

She is one reason that I am glad that I have children (her sister is the other).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, she's building a nice vocabulary.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home